What is a Telegram Chatbot?
A Telegram chatbot is an automated conversation partner on Telegram. It facilitates a conversation between a person and a computer. Where you would normally talk with another person on Telegram, you are now talking with a computer. And based on the things you say or the questions you ask, the chatbot will automatically give an answer back to you.
Why use Telegram Chatbots?
Telegram is one of the biggest messaging apps in the world, with 400 million active monthly users. This means that a lot of people are already on Telegram and that the number of users is expanding rapidly. With so many people on the platform, it is likely that your customers will also be there. And where your customers, you need to be. Here are some of the main reasons:
- You can save time and money on customer service
- It can boost your sales
- With a chatbot, you can reply in seconds, instead of days
- Your chatbot is 24/7 available, all over the world
- People are open to using chatbots, as long as they get good help
Besides this, Telegram also has some advantages over other channels, such as Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp. Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp have strict rules regarding their chatbot, such as the 24–hour window. But with Telegram, we have no such rules (yet), which is a huge advantage! Also, with Telegram you can use chatbots in groups, which is not possible with Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp.
How does a Telegram Chatbot work?
When someone sends a message to your Telegram chatbot, the chatbot tries to understand that message and answer it, just like any normal person would do.
Here is an example:
- A user starts a conversation with a Telegram chatbot of an eCommerce company. The user asks “What are your top products?”
- The chatbot understand this message and recognizes the words “top products”
- Based on those words, it searches the product database for their best selling products
- Ultimately, the chatbot will send a message back with the best selling products of their company.